Updated | Oct 18th, 2022 @ 12:37pm CDT
Source: Chipola Healthy Start Team
Important Recall from Abbott
Abbott is initiating a proactive, voluntary recall of certain lots of 2 fl oz/59 ml bottles of ready-to-feed liquid products, including the brands Similac Pro-Total Comfort®, Similac® 360 Total Care®, Similac® 360 Total Care® Sensitive, Similac® Special Care® 24, Similac® Stage 1, Similac® Water (Sterilized), Similac® NeoSure®, and Pedialyte® Electrolyte Solution. These products were manufactured at the company’s Columbus, Ohio, manufacturing facility and distributed primarily to hospitals, doctor’s offices, distributors, and some retailers in the US, including Puerto Rico; a limited number of products were sent to Canada, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Panama, and certain countries in the Caribbean.
2 fl oz ready-to-feed liquid products included in this voluntary recall:
- US - certain lots of Similac 360 Total Care, Similac 360 Total Care Sensitive, Similac Special Care 24, Similac Pro-Total Comfort, Similac NeoSure, Pedialyte Electrolyte Solution
- Canada - 1 lot of Pedalyte Electrolyte Solution; 1 lot of Similac Water (Sterilized)
- Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Curacao, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica - 1 lot of Similac 360 Total Care Sensitive
- Puerto Rico, Curacao, Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, Haiti, St. Thomas, St. Croix - 1 lot of Similac 360 Total Care
- Panama - 2 lots of Similac Pro-Total Comfort
- Dominican Republic - 1 lot of Similac Stage 1
- Colombia - 1 lot of Similac Stage 1
It’s important to note that not all recalled products were distributed in all countries and not all 2 fl oz/59 ml formulas are included in the recall. It is therefore important to verify the product lot number on the bottom or the side of the bottle. Click on the "Learn More" button to see lot numbers included in the recall or scroll down to Check Lot Number.
We are voluntarily initiating this recall because a small percentage of bottles in the recalled lots have bottle caps that may not have sealed completely, which could result in product spoilage.